Part numbers for usable ECUs include:
||North America Civic Type-R
|| 37820-5BF-A01 through A04
How do I order?
- Do Not Send Your ECU In Unless You’ve Scheduled It With Us First!
- KTunerFlash V1.2 is now available for $449.
- KTunerFlash V2 will be available for $649 starting the week of March 6.
- The cost of unlocking is $300 and that includes return overnight shipping in the United States.
- Email Info@KTuner.com to schedule your ECU to be sent in
- You will need to fill out our form, submit a copy via email and one printed included in the package with your ECU.
- Kits can be ordered with the unlock included directly through dealers who offer it
- If you ordered through a dealer you also need to send them a copy of your form so they can forward it to us as an order confirmation
- Direct payment for the unlock service can be sent in the form of a money order with your ECU
- The unlock service can also be purchased via paypal and details will be given when you’re scheduled
How long will it take to get my ECU back?
We will be able to get all scheduled incoming ECUs out the same day they’re received.
How will we be rolling it out?
We’ve seen how enthusiastic the market is about tuning options coming and we expect the first few weeks to be something close to overwhelming.
- We will be scheduling ECU shipments with everyone in an effort to have minimal downtime for everyone sending their ECUs in and to prevent getting backed up.
- We are taking orders this week for those who want a V1.2.
- We will begin taking orders for those who want a V2 the week of March 6th.
Who will be supported?
- We plan to support not only all FK8s worldwide, but also FK2 owners as well.
- This week we are rolling out support for United Stated Type-R owners.
- We are beginning to train a dealer in Canada who will be able to perform unlocks for the Canadian market. We hope to launch support for Canada in the upcoming weeks.
- We already have dealers established who will be unlocking for regions in Europe and regions in Asia once we’re ready to release for those markets.
What tunes will be included?
- We are launching with a stage 1 tune adding 20whp, more in the low-midrange, and 60wtq.
- 91+ Octane required.
- Our stage 2 is already in development.
Can I get custom tuning done?
Much like we launched the 1.5T, there will be limited access to change settings in our initial staged tunes, but we will be including additional access with starter maps as we publish tuning information and train our dealers on this new ECU platform. Of course we’ll also be including quick adjustments in our starter maps as well, just like the 1.5T platforms!
Flash back to factory or between tunes at any time!
How to get in touch!!!
We know there are going to be a lot of excited members out there, but we would like to keep our phone lines open for support calls. If you’re interested in KTuner for the Type-R please contact us via email only. Info@KTuner.com
Thank you for understanding. We’re looking forward to working one on one with a lot of you! I hope everyone is as excited as we are!