RV6® developed this downpipe for the 2018+ Accord 2.0T along side the downpipe for the FK8 2017 Civic Type-R. This downpipe was designed to be a direct drop and use factory heat shields.
This downpipe was designed using Solidworks 3D modeling and our Creaform 3D laser scanner system for precise measurements and fitment. The transition from turbo to tube and tube to front pipe was optimized using advance flow analysis for maximum flow characteristics.
We worked with a catalyst manufacture to develop high flow and more importantly high temperature metallic catalyst core. We want to ensure a quality long lasting product.
- 304 Stainless Precision Cast transition sections
- 300 Cell High Temperature High Flow Cat
- All factory heat shield mounting points maintained
- Graphite gasket with sealing ring to prevent blowouts
- 304 Stainless 3.0” outlet
- Fully TIG welded
- Argon back gassed for pure welds
- Chromoly Exhaust Studs
- Locking Nuts
RV6® will warranty the castings a welding for 24 months.
Processing takes an additional 7 to 14 business days for ceramic coating.